It’s a total game-changer if a biker has the best mountain bike handlebars because it gives excellent control over the direction of the bicycle. So, we should consider three of the best features:
- Material: Deciding the material for your bike handlebar is crucial because it affects the overall control of your trip. Handlebars are usually made from Aluminum alloy, Titanium, or Carbon.
For bikers who love to go for a compliant ride, a carbon bar is the best way to go because their damping feature is way greater than Aluminum handlebars. There’s no need to worry about vibrations that may affect your control.
Carbon bars have a unique flex structure with an arranged design, especially the unidirectional carbon fiber. This feature allows them to weigh less than other materials.
- Handlebar Rise: Although all manufacturers have different approaches, the handlebar’s rise is one vital factor that defines the bar’s shape. It is crucial to know the right way to measure, starting from the bar’s middle to its end.
Usually, the rise starts from 0 mm and can go more than 40 mm. Remember that having a higher rise results in a higher handlebar feeling.
- Handlebar Sweep: This feature is just as important as the rise. This arm ergonomics ensures that the rider’s wrist does not overstretch, which minimizes the risk of numbness on the biker’s hands.
Stay tuned for more features that a buyer should know in our complete “Buying Guide.” Troubled with all choices available? Worry not. Just check out this list of handpicked handlebars that eases every buyer’s struggle in choosing the right handlebar for them.
Table of Contents
- Best Mountain Bike Handlebar Reviews
- 1. UPANBIKE Mountain Bike Extra Long Handlebar
- 2. Wake Mountain Bike Riser Handlebar
- 3. RaceFace 8GRN Atlas Mountain Bike Handlebar
- 4. UPANBIKE Mountain Bike Handlebar
- 5. BW Riser Mountain Bike Handlebar
- 6. RXL SL Carbon Mountain Bike Handlebar
- 7. Jessica Acekit Lightweight 31.8 mm MTB Handlebar
- 8. RaceFace 8X740BLK Chester Handlebar
- 9. Funn Full On MTB Handlebar
- 10. SUNLITE 33061m MTB Steel Handlebar
- 11. Ec90 Full Carbon Mountain Bike Stem
- 12. Corki Mountain Bike Riser Handlebar
- What to Look for When Buying Mountain Bike Handlebars
- What is the Best Width for Mountain Bike Handlebars
- How Do I Make My Mountain Bike Handlebars More Comfortable
- What Angle Should My MTB Handlebars Be
Best Mountain Bike Handlebar Reviews
1. UPANBIKE Mountain Bike Extra Long Handlebar
I cannot wait to tell you about the first handlebar on the list. This one is exactly what pushed me to last through my daily rides.
This well-made mountain bike handler is constructed out of Aluminum Alloy 6061, ensuring superb durability. Every side comes with a durable anodizing feature numerically controlled to give off accurate bending and shockproof feature. Aside from this incredible firmness, this handlebar is also lightweight.
I also find the 31.8 mm handlebar handy because this clamp diameter is compatible with my bike. With a rise of 50 m and a handlebar sweep angle of 9 degrees at the back, I can ride on rough terrains with no worries as it evenly transfers my weight to the back.
When I got this bike handlebar, I was amazed by its stylish design that mixed well with my bike’s structure. And with a length of 700 mm, this extra-long handlebar gives me more space to put on other accessories that makes my ride convenient.Heads-up: Everything is good with this handlebar, apart from how easy the paint goes off. When I installed it, I had to carefully insert the handlebar to my bike to avoid the acrylic paint from coming off. After that, it’s very worth it because the function and design go well with each other.
- Made of Aluminum Alloy 6061 for superb durability
- Comes with durable anodizing for accurate bending and shockproof
- A Lightweight riser bar
- A modern bike geometry, compatible with most bikes
- Extra-long (700 mm) to give riders more space for accessories
- Paints might be scratched easier than expected
2. Wake Mountain Bike Riser Handlebar
Every biker loves this because it is one of the best MTB handlebars that takes their bike experience to a whole new level.
Among the 31.8 handlebars, this one helps you control the trails with ease. I took this handlebar off-road, and the amount of comfort and stability I experienced on the entire trip is just superb. Its lightweight and shock-resistant feature minimizes fatigue and further boosts comfort.
Aluminum material never fails to satisfy. The double-rammed, precise bending, and hard-anodizing features of the material guarantee maximum durability and firmness.
Another good news is the aluminum alloy material allows easy cleaning. I do not even have to spend long minutes washing dirt off this handlebar.
Its ergonomic design with CNC bending makes this product slip-free, minimizing my worries as I bike through rainy days or when my palms start to get sweaty. I also like how this handlebar is compatible with various applications. I use it on my daily downhill bikes and commute.Heads-up: However, we have to ensure that we got the right bike fit. With that, it’s always better to look for measurement guides because being off by a centimeter or two significantly affects the installation and the comfort of riding. You do not want a loose bar that shakes around when you cycle, right?
- 8 handler for superior control even on extreme riding
- Promises comfort and stability on the entire bike trip
- Lightweight bike handlebar
- Double-rammed, precisely bent, and hardly anodized for optimum durability
- Shock-resistant for added stability and comfort
- Easy to clean dirt off after rides
- Make use of measurement guides to ensure a snug fit to our bike
3. RaceFace 8GRN Atlas Mountain Bike Handlebar
RaceFace is a famous brand in the bike industry due to its consistent quality that never fails.
This brand is known for producing the best handlebars for mountain bike because their products are made from cold-drawn smooth air alloy, which increases strength through strain reinforcing. This feature also progresses the handlebar’s surface finish which results in close-fitting tolerances.
It also comes with an internal taper that further boosts its strength and sturdiness without compromising the weight. So, we will still have the lightest xc handlebars that come with reliable durability. It will keep you comfy on the road.
This one of the best mountain bike handlebars’ has the lowest and ultra-broad riser geometry design. Such design minimizes the cockpit height to the crown of the axle height. This area is also known as the front wheel part of the bicycle.
Plus, the design is remarkable with beautiful patterns. In detail, it comes in six different colors: Black, gray, and four other colorful ones.Heads-up: However, it is crucial to ensure that we ordered the right size to avoid regrets. The correct diameter significantly affects our bike’s overall performance. By doing so, we can maximize the quality of a fully functional bike.
- Made from cold-drawn smooth air alloy that increases strength
- Has an internal taper that boosts its durability
- Lightweight and comfortable bike handlebar
- Low and ultra-broad riser geometry design to minimizes the cockpit height to the crown of the axle height
- Comes in six different colors that suit different styles
- Make sure to order the right size for the handlebar
4. UPANBIKE Mountain Bike Handlebar
Another UPANBIKE product is on the list. This one comes at a relatively affordable price despite being full of remarkable features.
Just like most UPANBIKE products, this one is made of Aluminum alloy. This material stands as the foundation for why this handlebar can handle the strong impact. There are various mountain bike handlebars types, but this one has flat bars that keep our position low and inclined with the stem.
This handlebar type promotes a good position for all bike activities as I can conveniently sprint and stand up when sitting tires me out. Such a feature makes this product viable as one of the best enduro handlebars. Even if I spend hours on rough trails, I never have to worry about my comfort.
Its bores clamp fits between 20mm or 30mm riser bars, having 25.4mm as the exact measurement. Its total handlebar length is 600mm, giving me enough space for my compass to install on. This mountain biking handler also fits on most bikes, even a downhill bike with such a dimension.Heads-up: One downside of this handlebar is that it does not come with a standard width and vertical compliance. This is a narrow bar compared to other mountain bike handlebars. Other than that, this item is decent and worth it.
- Very affordable mountain bike handlebar.
- Made of Aluminum alloy that promotes excellent durability
- Flat type handlebar that keeps position low and stem-inclined
- Offers comfort during hours of rough trailing
- Total handlebar length of 600mm gives enough space for accessories
- Compatible with most types of bikes
- Does not come with a standard width that other handlebars have
5. BW Riser Mountain Bike Handlebar
Riders should check out this legendary mountain bike handlebar from the renowned brand BW, which has been around for ages.
This product is among the quality aluminum handlebars that I recommend to every friend I know. It stands out for incredible durability that can withstand any harsh conditions.
This handlebar comes with a sand-blasted plated finish to further boost its sturdiness. Another thing to flex about this handlebar is its measurement and specifications.
With a diameter of 25.4 mm and a width of 620 mm, This mountain biking handlebar provides more space to fit our accessories. Besides, users have no issues installing this MTB handlebar on their bikes due to its universal size.
I love how the brand makes up if ever you are unsatisfied with the product. They will immediately repay or refund your purchase. But despite their active response, I never got disappointed with the product, so there’s no need to issue a refund for me.
Stay comfortable with its back sweep of 10 mm and a rise of 100 mm that instantly transfers body weight towards the back of your bike. This gives just the proper leverage that keeps us comfortable throughout the ride.Heads-up: However, it does not come with exotic or colorful patterns, just a black finish.
- Among aluminum handlebars that can withstand harsh conditions
- Boosted durability with its sand-blasted finish
- Have specifications that go perfectly well with different bikes
- Brand provides a refund for unsatisfied customers
- Keeps us comfy with good back sweep and rise
- Available in black finish only
6. RXL SL Carbon Mountain Bike Handlebar
The first-ever carbon fiber mountain bike handlebar I introduced in this review. In detail, this carbon riser has a diameter of 31.8 and a bar end diameter of 22. 2 mm, which fits most bikes.
Furthermore, the well-made carbon handlebar comes in a 3K glossy black finish that captivates every rider on the road as it delivers a classy look that goes well with all mountain bikes.
It also comes with a riser back sweep of 8 degrees and a riser upsweep of 3 degrees, which gives me just the proper leverage to keep me comfortable on long cycling hours. Since this item is made of T700 Carbon Fiber, I never tire out on my long rides compared to other carbon bars because this one is very lightweight.
Carbon handlebars from RXL SL are known for being durable. I love how their products have stronger pressure resistance than other handlebars. This feature also allows the bar to absorb shock more effectively than other models.
Besides that, I also experienced good elasticity and leverage thanks to its ergonomic design.Heads-up: However, for us to fully enjoy the benefits of this handlebar, we will need to follow its installation accurately. To attach this carbon handlebar right, we need the specified tightening torque of 4Nm and use a hexagon wrench to tighten the bolts.
- Measurements are compatible with most bike types like enduro bikes
- Comes in a 3K glossy finish that gives off a modern look
- Perfect backsweep and upsweep give the proper leverage
- Carbon riser is lightweight and a good shock absorber
- Has an ergonomic design that offers good leverage and elasticity
- Needs proper installation and correct tools usage is a must to avoid trail chatter
7. Jessica Acekit Lightweight 31.8 mm MTB Handlebar
For riders who want a handlebar that’s lightweight yet durable, check out this one of the best riser handlebars from Jessica.
I love this product made out of Aluminum alloy 7005, a unique and upgraded version of the traditional 6061 Aluminum alloy. This material provides better performance that never fails to amaze me. It also comes with DB tube technology that distributes thickness according to force to give me optimum comfort.
This 305-gram handlebar riser has a length of 760 mm. Such a span is long enough to hold various bike accessories to make us more comfortable and guided on the trip. We can use it on different mountain bike types like XC bikes, AM, and even gravel bikes.
When I tried it, I was amazed by its efficient cycling force accompanied by excellent heat transfer. This keeps me comfortable on my ride. Plus, the bar is pretty easy to install because the ends were clearly marked. And I can even cut or install the bar with no worries.Heads-up: One thing I like about this handlebar is its sexy look as I ride down the road. However, it’s a slightly wider bar than other products. This issue does not affect my overall performance, though, because I can still bike down comfortably.
- Made of the upgraded and newer version of Aluminum alloy
- Has DB tube technology that evenly distributes thickness for optimum comfort
- Length of 760 mm is long enough to hold accessories for a convenient ride
- Has efficient cycling force
- Good heat transfer for boosted comfort.
- Easy to cut and install
- One side of the handlebar is a bit wider than the other
8. RaceFace 8X740BLK Chester Handlebar
Race Face is a good brand that produces excellent trail bike handlebars. They are one of my favorite brands.
The brand goes for optimum durability because they even shot-peened this handlebar. By doing so, I can enjoy good impact power while resisting bike fatigue. This item’s durability is powered by the cold-drawn 6061 Alloy, making it very sturdy and reliable.
This handlebar’s seamless alloy material comes with a 31.8 mm clamp and has an overall width of 740 mm, which I love because it’s not too big or too small for my grip. It also comes with a ¾-inch elevation that gives me just enough leverage to stay comfortable on my daily trails and leisure rides.
I also love the butted feature of this product that makes it more durable due to the efficient weight to strength ratio. Besides that, it comes with a broader structure with a re-designed taper to rule out more control and improve bars’ overly stiff features. The design and graphics are also well-made and captivating.Heads-up: It weighs 400 grams, which some people find heavy depending on what handlebar they got used to. But I tell you, once you find the weight comfortable, nothing will stop you from racing that bike race or topping that speed down the road.
- Shot-peened handlebar that makes it very sturdy and reliable
- Has good impact power
- Fatigue-resistant for long rides
- Made from cold-drawn 6061 Alloy for optimum durability
- Re-design taper to enhance bike control and steering stiffness
- Creative and well-made graphic design
- Some people may find the handlebar heavy
9. Funn Full On MTB Handlebar
It is enjoyable when you got the right handlebar upgrade, especially this one from Funn.
I am captivated by this full-on handlebar with a bar clamp of 31.8 mm and a width of 785 mm. Because of these measurements, the bike fit is perfect. Plus, I can even add more accessories and tools that will be of great help to my day-long or cross-country adventure.
Moreover, this bike handlebar comes with outstanding performance at a reasonable price. I never thought I could buy something built to last for almost forever. In fact, it is even used for various off-road adventures like downhill trails and mountain biking. I am amazed by its versatility.
What makes this possible? Well, the answer is simple. This handlebar is made out of sturdy yet lightweight threaded Aluminum inserts. I’m fond of things made from this material because they are durable. Top that with sand-blasted coating, and you will have a product that can withstand all harsh conditions.Heads-up: Aside from adding threaded aluminum inserts, it also keeps me comfortable, thanks to its 31.8 mm bar clamp. I never experienced pain in every ride. Even though I find the colors eye-catching, the designs might be too much for other people who prefer minimalistic and modern looks.
- Has measurements that fit perfectly to most bikes
- Allows addition of accessories due to the long (785 mm) handlebar
- Delivers incredible performance at a reasonable price
- Among the durable aluminum bars
- Ideal for various off-road adventures like trails and enduro riding
- The color may be too much for other bikers who prefer simpler ones.
10. SUNLITE 33061m MTB Steel Handlebar
Bikers can take their bike rides to a whole new level with this mountain bike handlebar from Sunlite. This riser bar is one of the worthiest upgrades.
I fully understand the phrase “simplicity is beauty” because this handlebar comes at a stunning modern design that never leaves out its function and quality. It comes with a clamp size of 25.4 mm. This clamp measurement is enough to mount headlights and other electronic devices without having an awkward bump in it.
Sunlite’s bike handlebar has a width of 27.5 inches which I find handy because such width is perfect for most bike types. Because of that, my brother and I can take turns using it. Plus, this handlebar comes with just the right reach of 3.5″. I love this feature because I can have the fair leverage that I need.
I’m amazed by the artistic paint finish that adds class to the handlebar. All parts slid back with no problems whatsoever. I appreciate the straightforward installation to different bike types.Heads-up: Since the material is made of steel, you can expect that it is somewhat heavier than Aluminum. However, the quality and design are still superb. So, I can say that it does not make much of a difference. I am even glad that it worked well with my 700c bike.
- Simple yet fully functional design
- Measurements such as the width fit most bike types perfectly
- Provides just enough leverage with the reach of 3.5″
- Comes with an artistic paint design
- Easy to install to various bike types
- Handlebar is a bit heavier because of the steel material.
11. Ec90 Full Carbon Mountain Bike Stem
Let me introduce another carbon handlebar to the list. This one of the best carbon mountain bike handlebars made my trips adventurous.
This brand is known for its excellent full carbon fiber handlebar that delivers exquisite performance. A lot of bar and rise options are available for you to choose from. So, you will never have to worry about choosing something that fits your preference.
Since it is one of the most reliable carbon MTB handlebars in the market, you know this one is strong and lightweight. It only weighs 165 grams, which is half of most handlebar weights. The handlebar’s length is also 31.8 mm by 660 to 760 mm. As for clamp diameters, you can choose between 31.8 and 25.4 mm.
I even noticed that the craftsmanship of this handlebar is very detailed because even the edges are finished perfectly. I never saw exposed seams or sharp areas that may hurt or injure me during my trip.
This one stands out among other carbon handlebars with its 3K matte finish that gives a classy vibe. When I go down the road, my bike handlebar catches the eyes of other riders.Heads-up: Despite the excellent features of this handlebar, you still need to use carbon grease to retain its quality. It also helps minimize the slipping in the bike frame, keeping you safe and secure. Always remember not to overtighten the bolts when we install carbon fiber MTB handlebars like this.
- Comes from a trusted brand delivering good products
- Has various bar option measurements you can choose from
- A lightweight yet durable carbon handlebar
- Detailed craftsmanship that delivers satisfying results
- 3K matte finish for a classy look.
- Supply carbon grease to maintain the quality of the handlebar
- Do not overtighten the bolts
12. Corki Mountain Bike Riser Handlebar
Mountain bike enthusiasts should check out the last handlebar on the list that is jam-packed with all the incredible features.
Ace all roads with this handlebar from Corki. It is made of Aluminum alloy bars with measurements that fit just right into my bicycle. The 30 mm riser, clamp diameter 31.8mm, and bar end diameter of 22.2 with a back sweep angle of 3 degrees is enough to give me the right leverage and comfort.
Besides that, it is refined with micro-grain technology that boosts the handlebar’s strength without compromising the weight. I was surprised that I got an extremely robust handlebar that’s lightweight. I never even experienced sores or any numbness caused by heavy handlebars.
Another feature that boosts this handlebar’s durability is because it’s greatly anodized and sand-blasted. Because of this, I never have to worry about hand fatigue or cracks because the bar resists it very well.
I also noticed that it is way broader than other models. Such a handlebar width gives me proper control throughout the trip.Heads-up: Never worry about its compatibility, either. Because this one works with complete bikes like CX, MTB, and BMX, it even works great on dirt bikes. However, you must be aware that this handlebar shines brightly, especially with sun exposure. It can produce annoying glares in the sun.
- Made of Aluminum alloy; a reliable material for handlebars
- Measurements fit perfectly on most bikes
- 3 degrees backsweep angle for enough leverage
- Refined with micro-grain and technology.
- One of the lightweight aluminum bars
- Broader than other models to provide optimum control
- Produce glares in the sun due to its powerful shine.
What to Look for When Buying Mountain Bike Handlebars
Now that all the best products in this article have been introduced, it’s time to know more about things that a biker should keep in mind before they get to pin down their choice.
The handlebar is the most vital contact point of a bicycle. There are many handlebars to choose from a broad list of brands. It is crucial to know that mounting two unlike handlebars changes a rider’s experience on the road or during trail riding.
MTB Handlebar Sweep – Highlighting the importance of sweep is crucial if a biker wants to maintain the proper leverage and comfort throughout the ride. Upsweep is the angle we often see from the front part or view. This angle is measured starting from an imaginary line to the clamping area. The same line must be perpendicular to the rise directly to the handlebar.
On the other hand, the back sweep is visible from the top-down view. This angle starts from a made-up line written from the clamping surface to the bike’s handlebar back. A mountain bike handlebar’s usual up sweep is usually 5 degrees. At the same time, the typical range for a back sweep is around 7 to 10 degrees, with 8 as the most common.
A biker’s riding position changes with various handlebar sweeps. More back sweep puts the biker’s upper body in a slightly different position than using a flatter bar. It is important to consider comfort and priority.
One common thing is that people might get used to a certain upsweep and back sweep. So, changing to a new angle might be uncomfortable and weird at first. If a biker’s not willing to risk something like this, then it is better to look for the current measurements of their bike.
Handler bar width – Next to consider is the width. It is another personal measurement, which is somewhat unique compared with other considerations. This one usually comes down to a mix of bike dimensions, the rider’s cycling style, and the terrain to go through. A 5’5 biker would never prefer the same bar width that a 6’3 rider uses.
Shorter riders prefer a bit narrower handlebar compared to someone tall.
As for the riding style, XC riders use a narrower handlebar compared to a DH rider or free rider. Wider bars have a higher chance of getting in a more stable position at a particular point. Narrow bars may not be as steady as wide ones, but riders can always put themselves in a better spot on the bicycle to endure long miles and rough roads.
Trail riding terrains – This factor very much affects the biker’s speed and comfort. If they live in a place with tight and challenging lands like forests and mountains, it’s better to choose narrow handlebars. However, it’s better to use wider bars in areas with little handlebar height-obstacles like deserts.
After considering all factors mentioned, it will be easier to know the sweet spot for every biker’s ideal handlebar width. However, before figuring out the correct measurements, trial and error are done.
It’s better to start with a wider handlebar and cut it down to preference. Cutting down handlebars is way easier than adding more after the cut.
The common modern handlebars have a width of 800 mm or 780 mm. Handlebars are designed for that. That’s why it’s normal to find one that feature cut guidelines because this aids the biker where to cut down. It usually comes with 5 mm increments on every side.
Riders who use enduro bikes and World Cup bikers that go for downhill pro tournaments use narrower handlebars. It is unusual to see a professional biker that runs a handlebar with a width of 800 mm, how much more a 790 mm one.
Clamp diameter – This is also important for comfort, especially for enduro riders. 35mm clamp diameter has a different impact compared to shorter ones.
The average width is between 770 mm and 780 mm. However, professionals also ride with a 760 mm or even a 750 mm handlebar. These handlebars are way quicker than a biker dreams to be. That’s why it is always good to experiment and do trial and error because this will help take these features into account.
That way, any biker can immediately discover what works best for them with no worries.
What is the Best Width for Mountain Bike Handlebars
There are a lot of width options for a handlebar. It’s one of the trends in the advancement of mountain bike designs. In fact, handlebar widths are even too far on the spectrum. A biker can facilitate their decision to find the best fit.
Bikers came up with the decision that between 750 mm to 800 mm handlebars are the best fit. Anything below these numbers is not used but not recommended.
How Do I Make My Mountain Bike Handlebars More Comfortable
There are various ways to make comfortable bars, according to the national interscholastic cycling association. Wider bars are preferable as it promotes better control. However, skinnier bars have pros, too, because they can go through narrow areas effortlessly.
It is important to note that wider bars usually need further reach, making the handlebars feel lower. Bars with an oval shape are one product that keeps you comfortable.
What Angle Should My MTB Handlebars Be
The usual angle is around five to nine degrees. This gives just enough sweep, providing proper leverage to which the bike bars bend regressively from the bicycle stem.
To leave no regrets in upgrading a mountain bike stem, it’s crucial to consider all features that affect the overall performance. Doing trial and error also helps bikers determine the best handlebar for them.
Be meticulous in choosing the right product, and the best mountain bike handlebars will be drawn to you. This way, you can have the perfect item at the right price.
“Bike commuting should be the trend for the next few years, and it is a convenient and eco-friendly way for us to travel. And we are here to make it a bit less troublesome for people who want to maintain their vehicle for a long time. So, the content I expect to put out here is offering help for bikers who are facing issues with parts of their bikes once in a while. Let’s have fun and protect the environment together!”