Peloton bikes have become all the rage with their numerous features that make exercising so much more accessible. However, it is vital to properly set up the bike because a Peloton wobbly from riding can be uncomfortable.
Let’s take a look at the process of getting this equipment ready for use, including how to level Peloton bike. It’s simple to do and can be finished in no time at all, as you’ll soon see.
Keep reading to learn more.
Table of Contents
What You’ll Need
- Peloton bike (any model)
- Area for the bike
- Calibration kit (only for the standard model)
- Phillips screwdriver (only for the standard model)
- Sports mat (optional)
Leveling Peloton Bike
A Peloton bike needs to be set up properly to work well. This includes keeping the bike stable and secure. However, you may find that the bike shakes or wobbles even after having used it with no prior issues.
There are two common reasons why a Peloton bike wobbles. The first is that the bike is not on a firm surface; for instance, you may have put it on a carpet with long fibers. The second is that the stabilizers are not properly adjusted.
The first two steps below will address these issues. The third step is part of regular maintenance that should be done after months of use. It can also contribute to stable exercise on the bike.
Leveling Peloton Tread involves a similar process, but you will need a 27mm wrench to adjust the stabilizers.
Step 1: Place the bike on a stable surface
For most exercise machines, having ample space is an important requirement. As far as bikes are concerned, there must also be enough side clearance so that your feet don’t get caught on something as you pedal.
One more important point is that an exercise bike must be placed on a hard surface to have proper base support, and this is important to balance Peloton bike as well.
Some people end up putting their bikes on a carpeted surface. However, a level Peloton bike on carpet is not possible.
Placing the bike on appropriate flooring is the first thing you should do in case the Peloton shakes when out of saddle or when exercising.
If you want to protect your floor, the use of a sports mat is recommended instead of a carpet.
Step 2: Adjust the peloton stabilizers
There are legs or stabilizers at the front and rear sections of a Peloton bike, a total of six, of which four are adjustable.
These support the weight of the bike and allow adjustments to be made for the best exercise experience. Plus, they keep the bike steady.
The left and right legs are both adjustable, but the middle ones are not.
Turn the leg to the right to extend it. Do this until the stabilizer’s base makes contact with the floor surface. Repeat this step for both the front and rear sections of the bike.
Once the bike is firmly in place, you’re good to go. In case of damage to the legs, it will be necessary to acquire Peloton leveling feet replacement to get the bike stable.
Step 3: Calibrate the bike
A Peloton bike displays all sorts of information that you can use to enhance your exercise experience. However, having this much data requires instrument precision.
The downside is that the bike requires some degree of maintenance to ensure the data you receive is accurate. Fortunately, calibration on Peloton products is something people can do on their own.
However, this calibration can be a bit more difficult, depending on which bike you have.
- On a level Peloton bike plus, open the settings on your screen at the lower right section and select Device Settings.
Tap on Home Calibration or Home Installation to begin the process. The entire thing will be completed automatically in a matter of minutes.
- On a standard Peloton bike, however, things will be more complicated. You’ll need a calibration kit, which you will have to purchase separately as the brand no longer includes these with the bike.
After receiving your kit, you will need to install a few things to get started, and the calibration process should take around 20 minutes to complete. More details about this are below.
Calibration with a kit
- Remove the water bottle holder using your screwdriver; this component will be attached to the sweat guard of your bike, so remove that as well.
- Open the device menu on your screen and select “About”.
- Tap on the screen several times at the upper right corner of the information card until the sensor calibration screen appears. Start the calibration process and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Move the knob for the resistance setting on the bike counterclockwise to raise the bike magnet. Take your calibration block from the kit and insert it between the wheel and the magnet.
- Adjust the resistance knob once more to lower the magnet onto the block. It should be just enough to hold the block in place but loose enough that the block can still slide out.
Once the resistance knob is properly set, remove the block.
- Place two calibration discs from the kit under the knob, and position them on top of each other with their openings in the same position and towards the front of the Peleton.
- Go back to your screen and proceed with the calibration procedure. You will be asked to turn the resistance knob and then press the button on the screen. Do this as many times as the screen asks and finish the onscreen calibration.
- Turn the bike off and unplug before proceeding. Reinstall the water bottle holder, and you’re done with calibration. Plug the bike and power up to get your exercise started.
And that’s all there is to know about how to level Peloton bike. While it is easy and simple to do, don’t hesitate to contact Peloton support for any additional assistance, since they’re known for providing excellent service as well.
Now that you’re all set, it’s time to get back to pedaling.
If you have any thoughts or suggestions you’d like to share, please leave a message in the comments section below. We’re always happy to hear from you.
Remember to bike safely.
“I ride my bike to work for years, but is that enough? Our carelessness towards our surroundings has taken a toll on the environment. And now, everyone is responsible for changes; even the most minor contribution is counted. With this hope and spirit, I started with my partner to establish Biketoworkday to help more individuals commute to their work sites on their bikes.”